Eisborn has got it all:
Clean woodland air, lush meadows, rustling streams.
Relaxing, replenishing and experiencing nature. On land, on water and in the air – You can expect plenty of options around Eisborn in order to keep the body and mind fit, as well as to relax in the natural surroundings.
After a walk around Eisborn, Hildegard’s home-made waffles or a delicious Veltins will taste great in our cosy beer garden or by the crackling inglenook fire.
- Specially devised jogging and walking circuits (15 – 45 min.) which start directly at the front door
- Walk through the beautiful Balver Wald or to Burg Klusenstein – Time to talk, time for peace. Swap a cooked lunch for a delicious packed lunch prepared by our team of kitchen staff.
- Be a summit reacher – The Hönnetal valley offers fantastic opportunities for climbing
- Sweat it out: In the hotel’s sauna, in the aquarobic sessions or by playing Doppelkopf
- Swim…completely free: In the hotel’s own pool or in the nearby Sorpesee.
- Simply dive in: The Möhnesee (30min. away) offers plenty of leisure activities for the water sports enthusiast
- Treat yourself to a flight up high in the open air: Fly a glider or parachute at the Küntrop and/or Barge airstrips
- Laugh until you drop: Leave your everyday concerns behind and play cards, table tennis, table football or billards
- Bowling evenings, playing golf, go-karting – We are happy to help you arrange and organise these activities
- The hustle and bustle of the city – no thanks! Strolling at a casual pace, yes please! There are great shops in Menden, Neheim-Hüsten and Arnsberg – Pleasant, uncluttered shopping streets with a wide range of goods await you – There’s sure to be something for everyone!
- Take a walk around the Möhnesee visiting historic houses and chapels
- Excursion to the Sorpesee (www.sorpesee.de) or the Möhnesee (www.moehnesee.de), boat trips, rollerblading, throwing stones, eating an ice cream and doing nothing in particular on the beach
- Hmmm... delicious Veltins. We are happy to organise a brewery tour for you (registration is necessary with a waiting time) (www.veltins.de)
- From classic music to jazz – Cultural highlights in Europe’s largest ‘cultural cave’. There is something for every taste (see cultural packages)
- A maintained golf course is located in Sundern-Amecke - 18-hole golf course
- Sauerland let’s cruise: ‘Experience Sauerland on a motorbike’ Suggested tours have been devised for you to follow (see motorcycle tours)
- Sauerland – A land of caves: Visit the Attahöhle cave, the Dechenhöhle cave and discover them like a mystical adventure. The Reckenhöhle caves are only 30 min. by foot from Eisborn. A wonderful path through wide open fields will lead you directly there
- Visit Burg Altena, medieval ramparts with guided tours
- The castle "Schloss Wocklum" is a ‘little gem’ and regularly stages a variety of interesting events
- Fort Fun recreates the fun of the Wild West. A ‘western’ town in Bestwig with a waterfall – Great for a day out with children
- With its expansive grounds, the ‘Vosswinkel wilderness wood’ is a perfect venue for hours of walks/hikes. Didactic elements en route provide descriptions of the native flora and fauna
- Hiking in the Biebertal – Just the answer for a day out with the children
- Skiing? Of course! - Over 25 min. by car from Eisborn, travelling through Kuhschitthagen, you can ski on the Wildewiese (600m above sea level). If snow is forecast in Sauerland and there is not a flake in sight in Eisborn, there is nearly always enough snow there to go sledding
- Logging christmas trees and having fun: This is THE event for everybody. Regardless of whether you are celebrating a company event or a family day out, from the first weekend in Advent, you can get ready for Christmas in a relaxed barn atmosphere alongside mulled wine and grilled bratwurst (see Christmas packages)
- The ‘Sauerlandpark’ in Hemer. Under the motto ‘The magic of change’, in 2010, the state garden show in Hemer was a great success. You can now visit the ‘Sauerlandpark Hemer’ where the event was staged. Eisborn is an ideal place to start your journey of discovery (www.sauerlandpark-hemer.de)