I’d like to fly like a bird
Over the valleys and peaks
Lying down, gazing into the clouds
To see my Sauerland.
Like an illuminated painting
I’d see you from above
I’ll tell the whole world
What it is to see my Sauerland.
A warm welcome to Eisborn in the Märkisches Sauerland, an area with a wide range of leisure facilities and cultural attractions.
Eisborn has got it all:
Clean woodland air, lush meadows, rustling streams.
Relaxing, replenishing and experiencing nature. On land, on water and in the air – You can expect plenty of options around Eisborn in order to keep the body and mind fit, as well as to relax in the natural surroundings.
After a walk around Eisborn, Hildegard’s home-made waffles or a delicious Veltins will taste great in our cosy beer garden or by the crackling inglenook fire.
- Specially devised jogging and walking circuits (15 – 45 min.) which start directly at the front door
- Walk through the beautiful Balver Wald or to Burg Klusenstein – Time to talk, time for peace. Swap a cooked lunch for a delicious packed lunch prepared by our team of kitchen staff.
- Be a summit reacher – The Hönnetal valley offers fantastic opportunities for climbing
- Sweat it out: In the hotel’s sauna, in the aquarobic sessions or by playing Doppelkopf
- Swim…completely free: In the hotel’s own pool or in the nearby Sorpesee.
- Simply dive in: The Möhnesee (30min. away) offers plenty of leisure activities for the water sports enthusiast
- Treat yourself to a flight up high in the open air: Fly a glider or parachute at the Küntrop and/or Barge airstrips
- Laugh until you drop: Leave your everyday concerns behind and play cards, table tennis, table football or billards
- Bowling evenings, playing golf, go-karting – We are happy to help you arrange and organise these activities
Other leisure activities around Eisborn:
- The hustle and bustle of the city – no thanks! Strolling at a casual pace, yes please! There are great shops in Menden, Neheim-Hüsten and Arnsberg – Pleasant, uncluttered shopping streets with a wide range of goods await you – There’s sure to be something for everyone!
- Take a walk around the Möhnesee visiting historic houses and chapels
- Excursion to the Sorpesee (www.sorpesee.de) or the Möhnesee (www.moehnesee.de), boat trips, rollerblading, throwing stones, eating an ice cream and doing nothing in particular on the beach
- Hmmm... delicious Veltins. We are happy to organise a brewery tour for you (registration is necessary with a waiting time) (www.veltins.de)
- From classic music to jazz – Cultural highlights in Europe’s largest ‘cultural cave’. There is something for every taste (see cultural packages)
- A maintained golf course is located in Sundern-Amecke - 18-hole golf course
- Sauerland let’s cruise: ‘Experience Sauerland on a motorbike’ Suggested tours have been devised for you to follow (see motorcycle tours)
- Sauerland – A land of caves: Visit the Attahöhle cave, the Dechenhöhle cave and discover them like a mystical adventure. The Reckenhöhle caves are only 30 min. by foot from Eisborn. A wonderful path through wide open fields will lead you directly there
- Visit Burg Altena, medieval ramparts with guided tours
- The castle "Schloss Wocklum" is a ‘little gem’ and regularly stages a variety of interesting events
- Fort Fun recreates the fun of the Wild West. A ‘western’ town in Bestwig with a waterfall – Great for a day out with children
- With its expansive grounds, the ‘Vosswinkel wilderness wood’ is a perfect venue for hours of walks/hikes. Didactic elements en route provide descriptions of the native flora and fauna
- Hiking in the Biebertal – Just the answer for a day out with the children
- Skiing? Of course! - Over 25 min. by car from Eisborn, travelling through Kuhschitthagen, you can ski on the Wildewiese (600m above sea level). If snow is forecast in Sauerland and there is not a flake in sight in Eisborn, there is nearly always enough snow there to go sledding
- Logging christmas trees and having fun: This is THE event for everybody. Regardless of whether you are celebrating a company event or a family day out, from the first weekend in Advent, you can get ready for Christmas in a relaxed barn atmosphere alongside mulled wine and grilled bratwurst (see Christmas packages)
- The ‘Sauerlandpark’ in Hemer. Under the motto ‘The magic of change’, in 2010, the state garden show in Hemer was a great success. You can now visit the ‘Sauerlandpark Hemer’ where the event was staged. Eisborn is an ideal place to start your journey of discovery (www.sauerlandpark-hemer.de)
Online room reservation
Hotel zur Post
Eisborner Dorfstraße 3
Fon ++49 (0) 23 79) 91 60
Fax ++49 (0) 23 79) 91 62 00